Peanut Butter Chocolate Chips Cookies - adapted from How Sweet Eats
Yield: makes about 18 cookies
2 Cups Flour
1/2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
8 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
6 Tablespoons of Creamy Peanut Butter, melted and cooled
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Egg + 1 Egg Yolk, at room temperature
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
1 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Add butter and peanut butter to a microwave safe bowl, and heat in 30 second increments until melted. Let cool completely.
- Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the cooled butter/peanut butter and sugars until they are combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and stir until mixed.
- Gradually add flour and mix until a dough forms – it will look crumbly at first, but it will come together. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough with a cookie scoop or tablespoon measurement. Place on a baking sheet two inches apart and bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown. The centers should be soft and puffy. Do not over bake. Let cool completely.