Best Cookies Ever!! They taste like breakfast! Try them!!
Adapted from Sugarpiesfood.comIngredients:
1 Cup Butter, unsalted and room temperature
1 1/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
2 Large Eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/4 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
2 Cups Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
3 Cups Rolled or Quick Cooking Oats
- In bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add vanilla and maple syrup and beat until combined.
- Sift together flour, soda, cinnamon and salt. With mixer on low speed, gradually add dry ingredients until incorporated. Stir in oats.
- Chill batter for 30-45 minutes in refrigerator (this helps the cookies stay plump in the oven.)
- Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheets with parchment paper. Remove batter from refrigerator and drop by 1 1/2 tsp. or 1 tbs. onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges just begin to brown and middles remain light in color.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool completely.