CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO CHECK OUT MY NEW WEBSITE!!
Just got word from my Fiance that these cookies are like crack. He has been hording some at his work and rationing his supply. Little does he know I have more dough in the freezer....
|Ready for the oven.|
Adapted from Une Gamine Dans La Cuisine
Yield - About 2 dozen
1 3/4 Cup Flour
3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup (1 stick) Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/4 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Cream or Milk (I used milk)
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
1 Large Egg, room temperature
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, cream, and vanilla. Beat on med-high speed for about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the egg and beat for about 30 seconds - until just incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed until just combined.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour. I let mine chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or use AirBake cookies sheets.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, form the dough into balls and place them onto the prepared sheets, allowing about 2-inches of space between each cookie.
- Slightly flatten each ball of dough with the tines of a lightly-floured fork, creating a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes - do not exceed 9 minutes. The tops should look underdone - they will firm up as the cookies cool. My cookies were perfect after about 8 minutes. Remove the baking sheets from the oven and allow the cookies to rest for about 10 minutes before removing transferring to a cooling rack.