CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO CHECK OUT MY NEW WEBSITE!!
With a new house and my wedding coming up, I am trying to stay away from the sweets (I need to fit in my dress) and focus on decorating my new house. I made these distressed Mason Jars yesterday and was completely thrilled with how they came out! Since I was so proud of myself, I wanted to share them with all of you so you can be as thrilled as I am. They are very easy to make and only require a few affordable items.
Mason Jars - Ball or Kerr ($1 each)
Acrylic Paint - NOT shiny or glossy or satin ($.50 each)
Sandpaper - course or fine, course is just a little quicker ($3 for a variety pack)
Acrylic Sealer/Finisher - I like the matte look so I bought the Americana kind from Michaels ($6)
Flowers - real or fake is up to you - mine are fake ($6 on sale for a bunch)
- Clean your jars and dry them well.
- Paint your jars. I would recommend two coats. Let them dry overnight.
- Take a piece of sandpaper and start to distress the jar. When finished, clean off all the dust.
- Spray 2 light coats of the sealer/finisher over the mason jars but be sure to let it dry in between the coats. If you buy the quick drying its only about 5-10 minutes in between coats!
- Once dry, add flowers or use for whatever you would like. I think they would look good as a pen holder in an office, or you could use them in the bathroom too. I made these for Easter/Spring decoration.