I Want To Marry You Cookies - Adapted from Cookingchanneltv.com
1 Cup Butter, unsalted
1 1/4 cups Dark Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Egg, room temperature is best
1 Egg Yolk, room temperature is best
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Rolled Oats
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
3/4 Cup White Chocolate Chips
3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Add the dark brown sugar and white sugar and stir until sugars are incorporated and smooth. Chill the mixture for 10 minutes or more.
- Remove from the refrigerator and stir in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Add the flour, oats, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cinnamon and mix together.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips. At this point it will look pretty oily, so I chilled the dough for the 30 minutes and then formed the balls and chilled a little more.
- Roll by hand into about 30 medium-size balls or use a cookie scoop, and place on a light-colored cookie sheet.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Remove the cookies from the refrigerator and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.