Saturday, December 18, 2010

Banana Bread

So I seem to buy bananas and then not eat all them.  Then I either have to freeze them for smoothies, or BAKE.  So this time I choose to bake.  I got this recipe from allrecipes.com and adapted it a little bit but to be honest it was kinda dry.  I am not sure if i over cooked it, or over stirred it, but i am willing to give it another shot. I also might not have put in enough banana, I only had 3 and I probably should have used more.  If you make this, you might want to make some more modifications. At least it looks pretty....






Banana Bread Recipe:
2 Cups Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Butter
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
2 1/2 Cups Ripe and Mashed Banana - At least 4 large bananas.... if not you might want to add some apple sauce or something to keep it moist.

  1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. 
  2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. 
  3. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. 
  4. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. 
  5. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. 
  6. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. 
  7. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
  8. Enjoy!!

1 comment: