Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Monkey Bread Muffins

This is a recipe I have been wanting to make for months!  I found biscuits on sale this weekend so I bought a can.  Here in California we don't really eat biscuits so when I popped open the can of Homestyle Pillsbury Grands, I was sure there was cheese it in.  (I think I have only eaten biscuits 3 time in my life....) I was really mad that I had bought the wrong kind.  Come to find out the orange specks was just butter, not cheese.  I think these biscuits could have been cut into smaller portions to have more dough balls in each muffin, but they were still amazing.  I was very impressed with how easy, quick, and delicious these were.   You could easily whip these together for breakfast, or they could be dessert too!  YUM!






Monkey Bread Muffins - Adapted from The Kitchenarian
Yield: 10 Muffins
Ingredients:
1 Teaspoons Cinnamon
1/4 Cup Sugar
1 (16 ounce) Can Refrigerated Biscuit Dough, 8 big biscuits, I used Pillsbury Grands! Homestyle
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
3 Tablespoons Butter, Unsalted
1 Teaspoons Water
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 375. Grease muffin cups of a standard muffin pan or fill with paper liners. 
  2. Mix the white sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl and set aside. 
  3. Cut each biscuit into quarters. Roll each piece in the cinnamon sugar and place three in each muffin cup. Continue until all 10 cups are full. Scatter the remaining dough pieces in the muffin pans. You will not have the same number of biscuit pieces in each muffin. 
  4. In a saucepan, melt the brown sugar, butter and water until bubbly.  Add the vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.  Make sure the sugar has melted and the consistency is smooth. 
  5. Spoon the brown sugar sauce over each muffin cup. I put about 1 teaspoon of sauce on each muffin. I reserved a small amount of this sauce to drizzle over the muffins when they came out of the oven. 
  6. Bake for 10 to 2 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before taking out of muffin pan. They will stay together better this way.
  7. Spoon more sauce on the muffins while still hot.  
  8. Enjoy hot, or microwave the muffin for 10 seconds to reheat!

21 comments:

  1. These look delicious! I make monkey bread for holidays because it always makes so much, but I like the idea of doing it in muffin tins. That way I can make a smaller amount - great recipe idea!

    A note on the biscuits: I actually find the biscuits that come 10 to a can (not the Grands, the regular kind) make for better monkey bread because the pieces aren't so big when you quarter them. That might solve your problem.

    Visiting from TMTT,
    Lizy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Monkey Bread. I make it every Christmas. This would be a great everyday version!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe looks amazing! Join in on the fun and come over to Cast Party Wednesday tomorrow to share this tasty recipe with us.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!
    http://ladybehindthecurtain.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm love monkey bread. I need to try this muffin version asap! I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monkey bread is so good in any way, shape, or form!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! Sending it to my sister too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this individual size think my teens will as well come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are monkey bread fans. These minis are much quicker to make and I bet even better. Thanks for sharing this with us at Bake with Bizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely LOVE monkey bread - my husband's crazy about it. Ok, so am I. I admit it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look great!! I'm in love with anything biscuits :) Hope to see you at the sweet treats party & giveaway this weekend :)

    Ashton
    http://www.somethingswanky.com
    Sweet Treats Thursday {thu-sun}

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea to have Monkey Bread Muffins. They look so yummy! Hope you are having a great week end and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look so good! Thank you for linking up on Twisted Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that these are individual portions. Sounds delish!

    Thanks for stopping by sweet tooth Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look delicious! I think I would like them so much better than regular monkey bread. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so cute! I love that they are individually-portioned, but still have the pull-apart thing going on.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Saw you on Sweets for a Saturday - these look so good! I love monkey bread and the individual size ones are great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those look yummy! Where in California don't you eat biscuits? I'm a 2nd generation native Californian, I eat biscuits!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mmm, what I wouldn't give to have breakfast at your house and munch on these. You got the #2 spot for last week's Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These look absolutely incredible! I've been looking for a tailgating treat to make for early games (because, you know, some people consider 10am too early for cookies... weirdos), and this is just the recipe. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete