Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Perfect Fudgy Brownie

CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO CHECK OUT MY NEW WEBSITE!!


Last week it was birthday time again at my work.  We had 3 more birthdays to celebrate this month and I wanted to bring something in to work to share with everyone.  

This brownie recipe has been going around social media like crazy so I had to jump on the band wagon and try it for myself.  The brownies have great flavor, very rich, but I was bummed because I think I over cooked my batch.  My co-workers told me to feel free to keep testing out the recipe, and they will keep eating all the test batches,  haha but I think I just cooked them for a few minutes too long.  I was hoping for a more "fudgy" brownie and I think it would have been achieved if I had just taken them out of the oven a little sooner.  

Oh well, next time they will be perfect and I will be sure to post an update!

Happy Birthday Gina!



Fudgy Brownies - Adapted from Buns In My Oven
Yield: 24 Brownies
Ingredients:
1 Cup Butter, unsalted
2 1/4 Cups Sugar
4 Large Eggs, room temp
1 1/4 Cups Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon espresso powder, optional (I used 1 packet of Starbucks VIA and dissolved it into the vanilla)
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 Cups Flour
2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Directions:
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9x13 baking dish.
  2. In small saucepan over low heat, melt butter completely. Stir in sugar and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not allow sugar mixture to boil.
  3. Pour butter mixture into the bowl of a kitchen Aid mixer or a large bowl and let it cool for 5 minutes.
  4. Beat in cocoa powder, eggs, salt, baking powder, espresso powder, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
  5. Stir in the flour and chocolate chips until well combined.
  6. Spread into prepared pan (batter will be very thick and sticky) and bake for about 25 minutes, until a tester comes out mostly clean. The edges should be set and the center should still look slightly moist, but not uncooked. Cool on a wire rack.
  7. Enjoy with a glass of cold milk!
recipe from King Arthur Flour

No comments:

Post a Comment