Monday, March 19, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I made these cookies for a client appreciation party and goodbye party for my boss at work.  We catered food from Corner Bakery and I made the desserts.  These cookies went faster then the sandwiches!  Everybody loved them.  They don't taste super peanut buttery, but they are delicious.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chips Cookies - adapted from How Sweet Eats
Yield: makes about 18 cookies
2 Cups Flour
1/2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
8 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
6 Tablespoons of Creamy Peanut Butter, melted and cooled
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Egg + 1 Egg Yolk, at room temperature
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
1 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. 
  2. Add butter and peanut butter to a microwave safe bowl, and heat in 30 second increments until melted. Let cool completely.
  3. Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside. 
  4. In another bowl, mix the cooled butter/peanut butter and sugars until they are combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and stir until mixed. 
  5. Gradually add flour and mix until a dough forms – it will look crumbly at first, but it will come together.  Fold in chocolate chips.
  6. Scoop the dough with a cookie scoop or tablespoon measurement. Place on a baking sheet two inches apart and bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown. The centers should be soft and puffy. Do not over bake. Let cool completely.
  7. Enjoy!!


  1. They look PERFECT! What is better than peanut butter and chocolate?

  2. YUMMY!!!

    Tag! You're it!

    You have been tagged!

    Check out my blog for details.


  3. I love your blog name, and these cookies look awesome! I'm a new follower and would love to have you stop by and follow too! I also have my first link party and a give-away going on now through Saturday night. I hope you'll stop by and share this at the party!

  4. Hi, I'm nominating you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Stop by today for details :)

  5. These just look so delicious! You've inspired me to bake these tonight! :)