Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Eggnog Cupcakes with Spiced Eggnog Buttercream

At my work today we hosted a Holiday party for all the clients.  I decided to take on the task of making all the treats for the party instead of ordering bakery items from somewhere.  I wanted to make a few different types of things to please all taste and this was one recipe I found that I thought was festive and delicious.  It was a huge hit and everyone loved them!  I will be posting all of the recipes I made over the next few days, so stay tuned.

Eggnog Cupcakes - Adapted from
1 Box White Cake Mix
1 1/3 Cups Eggnog - I used Vanilla Spiced Eggnog
1 Teaspoon cinnamon
1 Teaspoon nutmeg
2 Tablespoons Rum - I used spiced rum
3 Eggs
1/3 Cup Oil

  1. Follow the directions on the box - mix all ingredients together. 
  2. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full and bake at 325 for about 16-18 minutes.  Be careful not to over bake or they will become dry.

Eggnog Buttercream Frosting Recipe
1 Cup Butter, Unsalted, room temp
4 Cups Powdered Sugar
3 Tablespoons Eggnog
1 Tablespoon Rum - I used Spiced Rum from our trip to St. Lucia
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg

  1. Beat butter and shortening until smooth.
  2. Then add powdered sugar, eggnog, rum, cinnamon and nutmeg until light and fluffy.
  3. Frost your cupcakes.
  4. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment