CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO CHECK OUT MY NEW WEBSITE!!
Adapted from Shugary Sweets
Yield: 2-3 dozen cookies
3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
1 1/2 Cups Sugar, divided
1 Egg, room temperature
2 Cups Flour
1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Orange, zested
1 Lemon, zested
2 Limes, zested
- In a small bowl, zest all the citrus. Remove about 2 tsp of zest and place in a separate bowl. Add 1/2 cup granulated sugar to the 2 tsp of zest. Combine with a fork and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter and remaining 1 cup sugar. Beat for 1-2 minutes. Add egg and beat until combined. Add flour, baking powder and baking soda. Beat until combined. Add in zest.
- Roll cookies into 3/4-1inch balls. Then roll them in the sugar/zest mixture, coating generously. Place ball on cookie sheet and repeat.
- Using a flat bottom of a cup, press the ball slightly to form a disc. Repeat for all balls. I then pressed a little extra sugar on the tops of the cookies at this point (totally optional).
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove and cool on wire rack.