CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO CHECK OUT MY NEW WEBSITE!!
4 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup ground Flaxseed (optional but if you have it in your pantry it adds great nutritional value to the bar, then you don't feel so guilty when you cannot stop eating these...)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/2 cup honey (I like to buy local organic honey from the farmers market)
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup chocolate chips
White Chocolate Chips
Nuts - Almonds, walnuts, pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats and flaxseed and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix honey, pumpkin, coconut oil, brown sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon.
- Add wet ingredients to the oatmeal and stir. Add in chocolate chips.
- Press the mixture into the pan and flatten it really well with a spatula. Bake for about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and press down with a spatula again.
- Bake for another 20-25 minutes until brown. (I was too excited and forgot this second bake time... Whoooops!)
- Let cool for at least 2 hours before cutting. Makes about 16-18 bars. I like to cut them and store in a Tupperware container with parchment paper to keep the bars separated.
- Enjoy for breakfast or a snack!