Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Today I decided to make something classic and simple for one of the wonderful staff at Working Wardrobes.  She has helped me with the job search process so I thought she deserved some cookies!  These chocolate chip cookies are amazing! Perfectly soft with lots of chocolate chips!!  I am sure most people have their own chocolate chip cookie recipe they use, but I urge you to try this one!!  It is sure to impress!  I got this recipe from Lovin From The Oven.  








Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Yield - 2 Dozen
2 Cups Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
3/4 Cup Butter, unsalted, melted
1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
1 Egg
1 Egg Yolk
2 Cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips


Directions:

  1. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together and set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until combine. 
  3. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Add the chocolate chips and mix just until combined.
  4. Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour.  Preheat the oven to 325.
  5. Spoon cookie dough onto cookie sheet.  I used a cookie scoop, but a spoon or tablespoon measurement works fine too depending on what size cookies you want.
  6. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool and then EAT!
  7. Enjoy!!

9 comments:

  1. Looks great! You can't beat a soft chocolate chip cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicious and classic recipe. I like the size of the choc-chips you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, those cookies look so good. Wish I had one right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look perfect! I love chewy chocolate chip cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cookies look perfect! When I see a cookie recipe that uses 1 egg and 1 egg yolk I know it's a good one. They always have a brilliant chew. Yummy. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cookies! I love the classic ones the most :) Next time I'll try using one instead of two eggs like you did - maybe my cookies won't be so flat and will be so pretty thick as yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right now I'm on a quest to find the BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe. This one from Allrecipes was on my list, but I had considered not making them after all. Your pictures and post have just convinced me to put it back on!

    ReplyDelete