Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Graduation Cap Chocolate Pops

Congratulations Jon Thor!

My boyfriends little brother just graduated from high school so I wanted to make him something fun using his favorite candy, Reece's Peanut Butter Cups!  He will be attending University of Michigan in the Fall so I made these themed for his school colors.   He had a graduation party over the weekend and these were a huge hit!  They are quick and easy to make, and everyone will loved them!!



I didnt make this...
Graduation Cap Pops - Adapted from Bakerella
Mini Reece's Peanut Butter Cups
Ghirardelli Chocolate Squares - I wanted to use peanut butter ones but I couldn't find them...
Mini M&M's
Airhead Extremes Rainbow Sour Belts
Chocolate Candy Melts
Lollipop Sticks - I would recommend the narrower ones over the fatter ones...

Directions:

  1. Melt the some of the chocolate candy melts.  Unwrap the peanut butter cups and chocolate squares.  Dip the lollipop stick in the chocolate, then push it about half way into the Reece's.  
  2. Put some chocolate on the square and put the Reece with stick on top.  It should only take about 20 minutes for it to dry.  
  3. Cut up the Airhead Sour Belts for the colors you want.  When the sticks are dry, use a toothpick to make a thin line of chocolate on top and then add the sour belt.  Add a little more chocolate to make the m&m stick too.  
  4. Let them dry, and display for everyone to enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. What a delicious way to celebrate. I'm sure everyone raved about your pops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your yummy recipe with us at Cast Party Wednesday. I hope you come back and visit us tomorrow.
    Thanks again.
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pops are really cute. I'm going to try this for my dauaghter's graduation in June 2012

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is amazing! This made my mouth watery, it looks so delicious. I wish I could just grab a bite. It’s a fantabulous idea. My niece is also graduating next month and I am thinking of booking one of the outdoor event locations for her party. It is going to be great. Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete