Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Two Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

These cookies are a bite of heaven in your mouth.  The original name for these cookies was "I want to marry you cookies"  but I made they and well I am still not married so I figured I would change the name.  They are made a little differently then most cookies and in the beginning I was a little worried but in the end they came out perfect!  You melt the butter and then add lots of brown sugar which give the cookie a caramel flavored base.  Then with the oatmeal and both white chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips you get a delicious cookie.  The real kicker here is the hint of cinnamon.  My boss told me they taste like Christmas and she wants to have me make some for her Christmas party this year.  You cannot go wrong adding these cookies to your holiday baking list.



I Want To Marry You Cookies - Adapted from Cookingchanneltv.com
1 Cup Butter, unsalted
1 1/4 cups Dark Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Egg, room temperature is best
1 Egg Yolk, room temperature is best
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Rolled Oats
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
3/4 Cup White Chocolate Chips
3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips

Directions:
  1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat until melted. Remove from the heat.
  2. Add the dark brown sugar and white sugar and stir until sugars are incorporated and smooth. Chill the mixture for 10 minutes or more.
  3. Remove from the refrigerator and stir in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
  4. Add the flour, oats, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cinnamon and mix together.
  5. Stir in the white chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips.  At this point it will look pretty oily, so I chilled the dough for the 30 minutes and then formed the balls and chilled a little more.  
  6. Roll by hand into about 30 medium-size balls or use a cookie scoop, and place on a light-colored cookie sheet.
  7. Chill for 30 minutes.
  8. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Remove the cookies from the refrigerator and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.

1 comment: