Happy Birthday Lukas!!
|This recipe makes a lot of cookies!|
Cowboy Cookies - Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker
Yield: 4 Dozen Big Cookies - This recipe is 2/3 of the original recipe...
2 Cups Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
2/3 Teaspoon Salt, I just eye-balled it...
2 Sticks Unsalted Butter, room temperature
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
2 Cups Chocolate Chips
2 Cups Old Fashion Rolled Oats
1 1/3 Cup Shredded Coconut, Sweetened or Unsweetened is fine
1 1/2 Cup Pecans, Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, or the bowl of your Kitchen Aid mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Gradually beat in the sugars and continue to beat until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl as necessary, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined.
- With a wooden spoon or large rubber spatula stir in the chocolate chips, oats, coconut and pecans. I continued to use my mixer and it was very full, almost over flowing.
- For each cookie, scoop a heaping tablespoon of dough onto the baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Bake until the edges are set but the middles still look light and puffy, about 10-13 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through. Cool cookies on the baking sheets.