Sunday, September 25, 2011

Cowboy Cookies

My favorite cowboy will be getting some cowboy cookies on his door step for his birthday.   I have a top secret recipe that is similar to this one, that everyone loves, especially the birthday boy.  But I wanted to make something new, and something I could post on my blog.  I deliberated for hours this morning trying to figure out what to make and which recipe to use.  I am very glad I choose this one because these cookies are amazing!  The dough is dark from all the cinnamon and I love that!  These will be a big hit at any event!!
Happy Birthday Lukas!!




This recipe makes a lot of cookies!
Cowboy Cookies - Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker
Yield: 4 Dozen Big Cookies - This recipe is 2/3 of the original recipe...
Ingredients:
2 Cups Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
2/3 Teaspoon Salt, I just eye-balled it...
2 Sticks Unsalted Butter, room temperature
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
2 Cups Chocolate Chips
2 Cups Old Fashion Rolled Oats
1 1/3 Cup Shredded Coconut, Sweetened or Unsweetened is fine
1 1/2 Cup Pecans, Chopped

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350.  Prepare baking sheet.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, or the bowl of your Kitchen Aid mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Gradually beat in the sugars and continue to beat until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl as necessary, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract. 
  4. Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined. 
  5. With a wooden spoon or large rubber spatula stir in the chocolate chips, oats, coconut and pecans. I continued to use my mixer and it was very full, almost over flowing.  
  6. For each cookie, scoop a heaping tablespoon of dough onto the baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Bake until the edges are set but the middles still look light and puffy, about 10-13 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through. Cool cookies on the baking sheets.
  7. Enjoy!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh goodie - I'm so tickled I get to be your first comment! I LOVE these cookies - a favorite recipe from my mom. I love to toast the nuts before adding to the dough. I adore your cookie 'tower' too...these cookies look so tempting. It makes me happy to know you shared these - what a fantastic choice for a birthday celebration. Hurrah for Cowboy Cookies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look yummy! They've got everything I love inside! :)

    I host a linky party Tuesday-Friday (Crazy Sweet Tuesday) and would love for you to join sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look fabulous chewy and chock full of everything that's yummy in this world. I'm baking along with a group called the 12 Weeks of Christmas cookies this year and your lovely treats would fit right in. If you're interested, let me know and I'll send you the contact info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cowboy Cookies are one of my absolute favorite baked goods! There was a bakery where I grew up that always had them and they were sooooo yummy! I've never tried baking them myself--thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping over from This Chick Cooks and wow, these cookies look fantastic! Big, plump, and chewy! Love all of the add ins, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, there! You've got so much creativity and I'm admiring them all. May I invite you to join me, too, at my Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete