Friday, September 30, 2011

Chocolate Nutella Cookies

CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO CHECK OUT MY NEW WEBSITE!!


My boyfriend is off to Michigan today to visit his brother.  I wanted to send him off with some goodies to share with the roommates.  His first thought was I could make cookies for the Frat his brother just joined, but I vetoed that idea.   I didn't really wanna make cookies for tons of hungry men and then make my boyfriend travel with them.  I found this recipe and it sounded really good.  The recipe has no eggs it,  but they still turned out like a normal cookie.  With no eggs, the cookie dough is hard to resist eating, so beware.  They are very rich and chocolaty, and the Nutella brings a nice flavor to the cookie.  The cookies literally just melt in your mouth!!



Chocolate Nutella Cookies - Adapted from Our Best Bites
Yield: 2 Dozen Cookies
Ingredients:
1 1/4 Cups Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2/3 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, sifted
1/2 Cup (1 stick) Butter, Unsalted and room temperature
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla
1/2 Teaspoon Hazelnut Extract (you can substitute 1/2 teaspoon vanilla if you can’t find or don’t like hazelnut extract, I didnt use the hazelnut)
1/3 Cup Nutella
1/3 Cup Milk

Directions:
  1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Set the mixture aside. 
  2. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until smooth. Add the extracts and beat for another 30 seconds or so. Add the Nutella and beat until smooth.
  3. With the mixer running, add half of the flour mixture and mix until combined. Add the milk, mixing until combined completely, then add the remaining flour mixture and mix completely. 
  4. Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 15 minutes (and as long as 2-3 days).
  5. Preheat oven to 325 when ready to bake.  Prepare a baking sheet.
  6. Roll tablespoons of dough into balls and place them on the lined cookie sheet, allowing about 2″ between the dough balls.
  7. Lightly press the dough balls with the bottom of a drinking glass and then bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are crackly on top and soft, but starting to set. 
  8. Remove from the oven and allow them to stand for about 5 minutes and then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely.
  9. Enjoy!!

11 comments:

  1. oooh! these look so yummy :))
    Thanks for sharing!!
    hugs
    Manni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness....I wish I had never even heard of these because that's all I will think about until I make them and eat them! Sounds delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious! The only thing better than a chocolate cookie is a nutella cookie- right?

    :) - Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi this is Nicole from Colie’s Kitchen I just discovered your blog and wanted to drop by and say hi. I am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance. www.colieskitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi , I tried this recipe yesterday and for some reason my batter is so liquidy and gooey. Doesnt look like cookie dough. All I substituted in your recipe was the baking powder. I used 1/4 tsp of baking soda with 1/2 cup of milk.

    Thus,I reduced the milk quantity in your recipe to half since I added another liquid.

    I tested 4 dough balls on a baking sheet in the oven, and they came out as flat brownies.

    Still tasted good but didn't look as awesome as yours. Pls advise what I can do. I still have the rest of the mixture in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1/s cup of yogurt I meant in the first paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm trying this as brownies. I found it too gooey also. We'll see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I add chocolate chips to the recipe

    ReplyDelete