So Wednesday night a friend came over for enchiladas and then we made brownies. They are amazing!! Very rich and Chocolaty!! The End.
Cocoa Brownies by Alton Brown - Foodnetwork.com
Yield: 16 Brownies
Soft butter, for greasing the pan
Flour, for dusting the buttered pan
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
8 Ounces Melted Butter, unsalted
1 1/4 Cups Cocoa, sifted
2 Teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Flour, sifted
1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Butter and flour an 8-inch square pan.
- In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the eggs at medium speed until fluffy and light yellow. Add both sugars.
- Add remaining ingredients, and mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Check for doneness with the tried-and-true toothpick method: a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan should come out clean. When it's done, remove to a rack to cool. Resist the temptation to cut into it until it's mostly cool.
- SERVINGS: 16 (PER BROWNIE); Calories: 243; Total Fat: 13 grams; Saturated Fat: 8 grams; Protein: 3 grams; Total carbohydrates: 28 grams; Sugar: 22 grams Fiber: 1 grams; Cholesterol: 83 milligrams; Sodium: 82 milligrams