Happy Super Bowl Sunday!! I hope everyone had a great party with lots of delicious food and treats! I made these to bring to a friends super bowl party, and they were a huge hit!! How could you go wrong with all the S'mores ingredients packed into a cookie!? Whats amazing is the graham cracker stays crispy on the bottom, and then if you cook the cookie part just right then it stays gooey, and you can really taste the marshmallow. This is an All-American treat for an All-America day!! Enjoy!!!
S'mores Cookie Bars - Adapted from Lovintheoven.com
Yield: 32 SquaresIngredients:
11 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, softened
1 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
½ Cup Granulated Sugar
2 Large Eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
½ Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
2 ½ Cups Flour
1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
3 Regular sized Hershey’s bars, broken into pieces
1-2 Packages Graham Crackers, broken into squares
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line baking pans with parchment paper. I used one 11x17 pan and one 9x13 pan but you can really use any sized pans you want.
- Lay out graham crackers side by side on the pans as close as possible (they should be touching).
- Cream together the butter and both sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place rounded tablespoons of dough on graham crackers.
- Bake for 5 minutes then remove from oven to press Hershey’s bar pieces on to the top.
- Bake for and additional 5 – 7 more minutes or until dough is beginning to turn golden brown at the edges.
- Make sure cookies are completely cool before cutting, otherwise you'll end up with a doughy mess!