Sunday, October 20, 2013

Cinnamon Sugar Donuts

CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO CHECK OUT MY NEW WEBSITE!!


Its fall and there is a huge rush of pumpkin baked goods in my kitchen.  I kept seeing these recipes for pumpkin donuts and decided I need buy myself a donut pan so I can make pumpkin donuts.  Now my fiance is a little pumpkined out so I agreed to give him a short break and make these.  Don't worry, pumpkin donuts are next!  I bought the Wilton donut pan and I am now obsessed.  Its so quick and easy to make donuts on a Saturday morning that I think my pan will get a lot of use!  This is just a basic recipe, good for first time donut makers like me.  I cant wait to start making other flavors, see keep reading for more in the future!





Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
Yield: makes 6
Adapted from shutterbean.com
Ingredients:
1 Cup Flour
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Large Egg, lightly beaten
1/2 Cup Buttermilk
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
1 Teaspoons Vanilla

For the topping:
3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
Directions:
  1. For the doughnuts: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Use a PAM to coat the pan.
  2. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a mixing bowl.
  3. Whisk together the egg, milk, melted butter and vanilla extract in a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
  4. Fill the wells of the doughnut pans a bit more than three-quarters full with the batter.  I filled mine too much but next time I will put less batter in and make more donuts - the recipe makes about 8 if you don't overload them!
  5. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the wall of a doughnut comes out clean and the doughnuts are puffed and lightly browned. Let them cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then gently invert the doughnuts onto a rimmed baking sheet.
  6. While the doughnuts are cooling, make the topping.  Whisk together the sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
  7. Brush the warm doughnuts with the melted butter, then dip them into the cinnamon-sugar mixture on one or both sides. Serve warm.
  8. Enjoy!

1 comment: