Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Easy Pumpkin Ice Cream

CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO CHECK OUT MY NEW WEBSITE!!


Today is the first day of October and that means its pumpkin season!  For the next two months I will eat as much pumpkin as possible, with a minimum of one serving per day, if not more.  So I had an opened can of pumpkin and needed to make something with it and needless to say, ice cream was the winning recipe.  I couldn't find a good recipe that I liked to I made my own.  There is a recipe for easy vanilla ice cream on Allrecipes.com that I have made before and its delicious and quick so I used that as a base.  I dumped in the rest of the can of pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and vanilla and whisked it up.  I added it to my ice cream maker and within 20 minutes I had a wonderful batch of pumpkin pie ice cream.  This recipe is super simple and easy for anyone new to making ice cream, or if you don't have time to make a more complicated ice cream.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Let the pumpkin season commence!!!






Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe
Yield: 1.5 Quarts
Ingredients:
1 (14oz) Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
3-4 Cups Half & Half - I used milk because that was all I had but any combination of milk to cream works, just depends on how creamy and rich you want it.
1 Cup Pumpkin Puree (This amount doesn't have to be exact, I used just over a cup)
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1/4 Teaspoon Cloves
1/4 Teaspoon Ginger
1 Teaspoon Vanilla

Directions:
  1. Add all ingredients to large bowl and whisk together.
  2. Add all ingredients to your ice cream maker and let churn for 15-20 minutes.
  3. Let the ice cream get hard in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
  4. Serve and Enjoy!


1 comment: