Thursday, April 17, 2014

Crunchy Peanut Butter M&M Cookies

CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO CHECK OUT MY NEW WEBSITE!!


Easter is only a few days away and I am sure if you are like me you are trying to plan out a menu.  I am not hosting Easter but I am responsible for desserts.  I made these cookies last week for a test run and they were a huge hit.  They are a soft cookie but have a nice crunch from the peanuts and M&M's.  The peanut butter flavor really comes through and I liked having the mix of peanut and peanut butter M&M's in the cookie.  I will be making these again if I can keep my hands out of the M&M bag for a few more days!  Hope you all have a great Easter.


Happy Easter!



Yield: About 3-4 Dozen Large Cookies
Ingredients:
1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter - I used smooth Skippy and added the chopped nuts for the crunch
¾ Cup Butter - Unsalted and room temperature
2 Eggs - room temperature
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
¼ Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1-2 Tablespoon Hot Water (I used one)
2 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Chopped Peanuts - I used dry roasted and unsalted
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter M&M's
1/2 Cup Peanut M&M's

Directions:
  1. Cream the butter and sugars together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
  2. Mix in the peanut butter, butter and eggs until smooth.
  3. Add vanilla, salt, baking soda and hot water and mix again until well blended.
  4. Stir in flour just until combined. Add the peanuts and M&M's.
  5. Drop with an ice cream scoop or a cookie scoop onto prepared cookie sheets.
  6. Bake at 375° about 10-12 minutes or more depending on size.
  7. Enjoy! 

1 comment: