Monday, April 28, 2014

Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes

CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO CHECK OUT MY NEW WEBSITE!!


Hello all! My name is Reese and I am taking over the Goddess of Baking blog today. I work very closely with Merlot and when my niece's first birthday was coming up, I knew where to go for her one of a kind cupcakes! We decided to have a baking party at her house where we whipped up these magnificent Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes. I knew they were good, but once I brought them out at my niece's party, they were an instant hit! The icing is light, fluffy and full of real strawberry flavor, with a hint of lemon (thanks to Merlot, I know what a mircoplane can really do!). Also, the cake is a perfect compliment to the flavorful icing. Compliments to the chef - yet another group of satisfied bellies!

My cupcake holders came in handy for this great picture I snapped before all the cupcakes were claimed. We will DEFINITELY be making these again!

Thank you for letting me take over for the day and I hope you enjoyed my post!

Reese



Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes - Adapted from The Cake Blog
Yield: 24 cupcakes
Ingredients for the cake:
2 Sticks Unsalted Butter, room temperature
2 Cups Sugar
4 Eggs, room temperature
3 Cups All-purpose Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Cup Lemonade Powder Mix (I used Country Time)
1 Cup Milk
3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice (about 1 lemon)
1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest (zest of 1 lemon)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin pans with cupcake liners.
  2. In medium bowl mix together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, lemonade powder and lemon zest, set aside.
  3. In bowl of stand mixer cream butter and sugar on medium speed until combined.
  4. Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
  5. Add the lemon juice and vanilla and mix well.
  6. Gradually add the dry ingredients and milk, alternating starting and ending with the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
  7. Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
  8. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
  9. Let cupcakes cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
  10. Once cupcakes are completely cool, ice with Strawberry Lemon Frosting

Ingredients for the frosting:
2 Sticks Unsalted Butter, room temperature
4 Cups Powdered Sugar
4 Tablespoons Strawberry Puree (from about 3-4 big strawberries)
1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest

Directions:
  1. In bowl of stand mixer cream butter for 1-2 minutes.
  2. Gradually add confectioner’s sugar and continue mixing scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
  3. Mix in strawberry puree and lemon zest.
  4. Place the icing in a piping bag fitted with tip 1M to decorate cupcakes.
  5. Enjoy!

4 comments: