|Cookie dough is the SURPRISE!|
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting!
And these are for sale!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (you can use any recipe for this part, or even but the store bought stuff to save a step)
1 1/2 Cup Flour
1/4 Tsp. Baking Soda (always good to use new baking soda - or replace every month)
1/4 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Cup Butter
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Tsp. Vanilla
1 Cup Chocolate Chips - Mini or Regular
- To Make the cookie dough use an electric mixer (KitchenAid with paddle attachment is preferable) cream the butter and then add the sugars.
- Once that is well mixed and smooth, add the egg and vanilla on medium speed until mixed.
- Add the flour, salt and baking soda in one addition (most recipes tell you to whisk it together in another bowl but i am usually too lazy to do that so NOT doing it works fine too).
- Once the mixture has come to a cookie dough consistency, add the chocolate chips and mix just to incorporate the chocolate chips.
- Then roll the cookie dough with your hands into 1/2 Tbsp. size balls. It should make at least 24 balls.
- Put these on a cookie sheet, cover them, and put them in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
Chocolate Cupcake Mix
I know this is going to sound bad but i sometimes use cake mix. Betty Crocker is very reliable, and always delicious! So I used the Dark Chocolate box mix which is very yummy.
Just follow the directions on the box:
1 Box Mix
1 1/3 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Water
Mix all together with a whisk.
- Set the oven to what the box says, 325 for a dark pan.
- Line the cupcakes and add the cookie dough to the bottom. Make sure that it is centered so the cupcake mix complete surrounds it.
- Put in about a 1/4 cup of mix into each liner or until about 2/3 full.
- This should make at least 24 cupcakes
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool and remove from pan.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
This frosting is from the brown eyed baker blog.
1 Cup Butter (unsalted, room temperature)
2 Cups Powdered Sugar
1 Tsp. Vanilla
1/2 Cup Semisweet or Bittersweet Chocolate - melted and cooled
1. Using the wire whisk attachment of your stand mixer, whip the butter on medium-high speed for 5 minutes, stopping to scrape the bowl once or twice.
2. Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the powdered sugar. Once all of the powdered sugar is incorporated, increase the speed to medium-high and add the vanilla, mixing until incorporated. Add the melted chocolate and whip at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes, scraping the bowl as needed to incorporate all of the chocolate.
3. Put the frosting in a pipping bag, and pipe away! Or if you don't have a piping bag, just use a spatula to spread on the cupcake.