1 Cup Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla (optional but delicious)
1 Cup Semi-sweet Chocolate (I usually add a little bit of oil to make the chocolate thinner and easier to work with)
1/2 Cup Chopped Unsalted Peanuts
- Mix together the peanut butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla in medium bowl with a fork until everything is mixed. Cover and put in the freezer for 15 minutes, or refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- When cold, roll the dough into small balls, about tablespoon size. Place on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Once all the balls are rolled, take a fork to make the criss-cross pattern on the cookies.
- Cook the cookies for about 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and wait a few minutes, then place on a rack to cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl in the microwave. It takes about a minute but stop to stir.
- Take the cooled cookie and dip 1/2 in the chocolate then into the chopped peanuts. Repeat with all cookies.
- Place the cookies on a cookie sheet that has been covered in wax paper and place in the freezer until the chocolate has hardened.
Lakeshore Accounting Department, these are for you!