Wednesday, November 9, 2011

100th Post & Nutella Cream Cheese Swirled Brownies

Today is also my 100th post!! I have been blogging for almost a year now and I love still love it.  I started my blog while sitting in my biology class one day.  I already followed a few blogs and I thought to myself, I can do this too!  My style has changed over the months, and my photography has improved but I still love baking and sharing my treats with everyone.  I have a lot to make on my Baking Bucket List, so I will continue blogging and trying new recipes!  I hope you enjoy this recipe for Nutella cream cheese brownies!  They are truly amazing!!

P.S. The CMA's were AMAZING tonight!!!




Nutella Cream Cheese Swirled Brownies - Adapted from Lovin The Oven
Yield: 16 Squares
Cream Cheese Topping Ingredients:
5 Oz Cream Cheese - not whipped
2 Tablespoons Butter, room temperature and unsalted
1/4 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 Tablespoon Flour
1/4 Cup Nutella

Brownie Batter Ingredients:
3/4 Cups Flour
1/3 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Stick of Butter, room temperature and unsalted
1 Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 Eggs

Directions:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350.  Grease and line a 8 x 8 baking pan with cooking spray.
  2. Cream cheese topping - 
    1. Cream together butter, sugar and flour. Add cream cheese and mix/blend until smooth.
    2. Scrape bowl and add the egg and beat until the topping is nice and creamy. 
    3. Scrap bowl and add Nutella, beat about one minute or until the nutella is mixed into the cream cheese mixture completely.
    4. Set topping aside and mix brownie batter.
  3. Brownie batter - 
    1. Sift flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder into a medium sized bowl.
    2. In a small bowl cream sugar and 1/2 stick of butter, add eggs one at a time, beat well then add vanilla.
    3. Fold egg, sugar, butter and vanilla mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients.
    4. Spread 3/4 of the brownie batter into the bottom of an 8 x 8 baking dish.
  4. Randomly dollop the cream cheese topping over the brownie batter.
  5. Randomly dollop the rest of the brownie batter on top of the cream cheese batter. Swirl with the tip of a knife.
  6. Bake at 350 for 40 to 50 minutes.
  7. Enjoy!!

2 comments: