Sunday, February 12, 2012

Reece's Peanut Butter Hearts

Valentine's Day is coming!!! Here are some homemade Reece's Peanut Butter hearts.  They are as close as it gets to the real thing.  My boyfriend loves Reece's so I made these for him.  I haven't got down the dipping or decorating yet.  Its harder then it looks dip things in chocolate, and I am not very good at it.  Out of about 20, only about 4 came out presentable.  I think using the candy melts are easier then using real chocolate,  the thinner the coating the easier to work with.  Well I am going to pick up my boyfriend from the airport today and I will surprise him with one of these.  If he likes it, then we know they are good!  Wish me luck!





Reece's Peanut Butter Cups - Adapted from Flour Me With Love
Yield: 2 dozen, depending on thickness
Ingredients:
1/4 Cup Butter
1 1/2 Cups Creamy Peanut Butter
1/8 Teaspoon Salt
4 Cups Powdered Sugar
2-3 Tablespoon Milk
Chocolate (or white, or pink) for coating

Directions:
  1. Cream together the butter, peanut butter and salt.
  2. Slowly mix in the powdered sugar until it becomes crumbly.
  3. Add the milk and mix until it starts to come together.
  4. Pour out onto a flat surface.
  5. Knead together until it forms a ball.
  6. Roll out to desired thickness.
  7. Cut out whatever shape you like; I like hearts.  Place them on a cookie sheet. 
  8. Place in freezer for about 30 minutes.  Melt the chocolate, let them cool a little bit, then start dipping and decorating.
  9. Enjoy!!

1 comment: