Saturday, May 14, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread

Ripe bananas are my friend, it means that I get to make banana bread!  This time I didn't want to make just regular banana bread so I found this recipe.  This is one of the best combos - chocolate, peanut butter, and banana!  I love that the bread is marbled.  This is an easy recipe and I highly recommend you try it!  In the original recipe, it calls for peanut butter chips but I didn't have any so I used white chocolate chips just in the batter and used only chocolate chips on the top.   I think the peanut butter chips would have been really good, so if you have them, use them!







Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread - Adapted from Sugar Plum Blog
Yield: 1 Loaf Cake
Ingredients:
2 1/3 Cup Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/3 Cup Chocolate Chips
1/3 Cup Peanut Butter Chips or I used White Chocolate
3 Medium Bananas, very ripe and mashed
3/4 Cup Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
2 Eggs
1 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F.  Butter and flour a 9-inch loaf pan.
  2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; whisk in chocolate and peanut butter chips until combined.  
  3. In a large mixing bowl, using a mixer on medium speed, beat together banana and peanut butter until creamy, about 1 minute; beat in granulated sugar and brown sugar until creamy, about 1 minute.  Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.  
  4. Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually beat in flour mixture, alternating with milk, until well combined - about 2 minutes. 
  5. Divide half of the batter into medium bowl; sift in cocoa powder, and beat until combined.  Alternate spoonfuls of banana batter and chocolate batter into the pan.  
  6. When all the batter is in the pan, swirl a knife sparingly through the batters to marble them.  Sprinkle with additional chocolate and peanut butter chips, if desired.
  7. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until bread pulls away from pan, is well risen, deep golden brown, and a toothpick inserted comes out with moist crumbs attached.  
  8. Cool on a wire rack for 30 hour; run a knife around outer edges and invert onto wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
  9. Enjoy!

15 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! And I have some bananas just waiting to be used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that bread!!! It looks so good and the flavor combo is perfect. It's a good thing bananas are on sale because I think I need to make this and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a piece of this bread! Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That banana bread looks delicious--sounds great with the chocolate and peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!you are such a goddess..imagine putting all these three great things in one!I couldn't ask for more except that I hope we are neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, I'm pretty sure I'm making this TODAY! I have all these ripe bananas, & have been looking for the perfect banana bread recipe! New follower from Sweets for a Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three things I love: chocolate, peanut butter, and banana bread. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this does look and sound delicious. I made a chocolate swirl banana bread recently but peanut butter would probably make it even better. Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how fabulous to combine 3 of the most amazing foods into one! Thank you so much for coming to visit me, so I could find your blog and happily return the follow ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love the look of this bread with those swirls, Yummy! I'm your newest follower so wanted to say hi.

    http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bread sounds so good. I wish I had a bunch of bananas in the house so I could make that today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's my day for a blog hop, I'd love it if you came over and shared one of your great recipes at savory sunday!! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds soo good! I ended up with a bunch of peanut butter in my cabinet, perfect way to use some of it up!

    ReplyDelete