Honey Oatmeal Cookies - Adapted from Food Network
Yield: 3 Dozen
1/2 Cup or 1 Stick Butter, unsalted and room temperature
1 Cup Brown Sugar, packed, dark or light
1/2 Cup Honey
1 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/2 Cup Flour
1 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Pinch of Nutmeg
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
3 Cups Rolled Oats, quick or old-fashioned
1 Cup Raisins, I used 8 of the snack packs which was just about one cup
1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans, optional, I didn't use them
- Preheat the oven 350. Prepare your baking sheets.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, honey. Beat until light and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix on low speed until blended.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt in a medium size bowl. Gradually add to the mixer and beat until blended. Add the raisins, oats and pecans. Mix just until incorporated.
- Drop tablespoon size dough balls onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool and move to cooling rack until completely cool.