I made these because they looked good, and they were delicious!!!! The End.
Peanut Butter Swirled Brownies - Adapted from Cinnamon and Chai
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
2 Ounces Bakers Unsweetened Chocolate
1/2 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
2/3 Cup Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
3/4 Cup Sugar
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (optional)
Peanut Butter Filling Ingredients:
4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
3/4 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan.
- For Chocolate Batter: Put butter and chocolates in a heatproof medium bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stir until melted. Let cool slightly.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk granulated sugar into chocolate mixture. Add eggs, and whisk until mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture; stir just until incorporated. Add Chocolate Chips.
- For Peanut Butter Filling: Stir together butter, confectioners’ sugar, peanut butter, salt, and vanilla in a bowl until smooth.
- Pour one-third of batter into prepared pan; spread evenly with a rubber spatula. Drop dollops of peanut butter filling (about 1 tablespoon each) on top of batter, spacing about 1 inch apart. Drizzle remaining batter on top, and gently spread to fill pan. Drop dollops of remaining filling on top. Gently swirl peanut butter filling into batter with a butter knife, running it through the layers three times lengthwise and three times crosswise.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted into brownies (avoid center and edges) comes out with a few crumbs but is not wet, about 35 minutes. Let cool slightly in pan, about 15 minutes. Lift out; let cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into squares. Brownies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.