So, I was bored today, had a ripe banana, and decided to bake. The End.
|I GOT TWIN CHICKENS!!! This is from one egg!!|
Chocolate Banana Cupcakes - From JoyofBaking.com
Yield about 24
2 Cups Sugar
1 3/4cups Flour
3/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Ripe Bananas (about 3 medium sized bananas mashed)
1 Cup Warm Water
1/2 Cup Milk (I used soy milk because that is what I had)
1/2 Cup Canola Oil
1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- Set oven to 350.
- In small bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another larger bowl, or with your KitchenAid and paddle attachment, mix together the eggs, banana, water, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Scoop the batter into 24 cupcakes, or until they are about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick is inserted in the center and comes out clean.
- If you are going to do hi-hat cupcakes like the ones in the photos, you should freeze the cupcakes in-between putting the frosting on, and the dipping stage.
Peanut Butter Frosting Recipe - From http://acupfullofcake.blogspot.com/
Yield enough for 12 cupcakes so you might want to double it...
½ Cup Softened Unsalted Butter
1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter (skippy or jif is preferred)
2 Cups Powdered Sugar
¼ or so Heavy Cream (I used soy milk)
- Combine butter with peanut butter and cream add powdered sugar, mixture will be stiff.
- Then add the heavy cream a little at a time until you get the consistency you like for spreading or piping.
- Make sure that the cupcakes are cool before you frost them - even freeze them.
- After they are frosted freeze them!!
2 Cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips (or whatever chocolate you have)
2-3 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- Melt chocolate in a double boilers or in a heat proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Stir frequently until everything is mixed and smooth. OR microwave the chocolate but be sure to stir it at least every 30 seconds so it doesn't burn. It should take about 2 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is smooth, mix in the canola oil and transfer to a smaller deeper bowl that will be better for dipping.
- Let the chocolate coo for 10-15 minutes before dipping. I put it in the freezer to speed up the process.
- Take frozen cupcakes and dip them quickly into the chocolate then let the excess chocolate drip off for a few seconds. Make sure that you don't get too much chocolate on the top because that will make them too heavy and you could lose your top into the chocolate... that happened to me when i tried to dip one twice.
- Enjoy with a cup of milk!
P.S. These are amazing cupcakes!! Sooo Delicious!