Yield: Depends on the size of cookie cutters
3 Cups Flour
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
2 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
1/2 Cup Butter - unsalted and room temperature
1/2 Cup Sugar
2/3 Cup Unsulphured Molasses
- In a large bowl, sift or whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and spices.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and molasses and beat until well combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture beating until incorporated.
- Divide the dough in half, and wrap each half in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, set oven to 350. Roll out dough and use cookie cutters to make the desired shape.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until lightly brown around edges but still soft.
- Decorate with royal icing.