So I have 2 finals done and 1 to go and I was in a serious need of a break. This recipe looked so good that i couldn't pass up the opportunity to make these. Who doesn't love mint and chocolate in the same bite!? The recipe is super easy and they are very delicious! They do not look like they have a lot of Andes Mints in them but they really have a minty flavor. I have a lot of holiday baking to come so check back over the next few days to see more cookies and recipes!
|This is what my kitchen looks like right now...7lbs of butter and everything else will soon be gone!|
This recipe is from http://thenovicechefblog.com
Yield: 2 Dozen medium size cookies
1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1/3 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp Salt
5 Tbsp Butter
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla
1/4 Cup Andes Mints, about 10 chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together on high speed for 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla, and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture, 1/4 cup at a time, and mix until combined. Fold in the mint chips.
- Drop the dough by teaspoon-fulls onto a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until no longer doughy. Cool completely on a wire rack.