|I forgot the topping on some of them...|
S'mores Cupcakes - Adapted from Bakerella
Yield: About 20 cupcakes
1 1/2 Cup Flour
1 1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
3/4 Cup Cocoa
3/4 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
1 Cup Milk
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
1/2 Cup Oil
Mini Marshmallows, frozen ones for inside the cupcakes, and room temperature ones for topping
Graham Cracker Crumb Topping Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/4 Cup Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda together with a wire whisk. Separate the mixture in half into two bowls.
- Stir cocoa into one bowl and the graham cracker crumbs into the other.
- Add 1/2 cup milk, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 cup oil to the cocoa mixture and beat on medium until combined.
- Repeat adding the same ingredients to the graham cracker crumb flour mixture.
- Prepare the graham cracker crumb topping. Add the brown sugar and crumbs in a small bowl and pour on the melted butter. Stir until combined.
- Pour a little graham cracker cake batter into the bottom of your baking cups and then sprinkle the topping mixture lightly on the surface.
- Place a 2 frozen mini marshmallows and then cover the marshmallow with the chocolate cake batter until it is about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle with more topping mixture. Bake cupcakes for about 15 minutes. Place a cookie sheet underneath when you bake just in case. I had a little bit ooze over into the oven. Oops.
- This recipe will make at least 18 cupcakes. I had a some batter from each left over so you can probably get more like 20-22.
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate - I used chocolate chips
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
1/2 Cup Butter, unsalted
- When the cupcakes are cool start the ganache.
- Heat the butter and cream on the stove. Heat until just before it boils. Remove and pour over chocolate. Stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour over cupcakes and add more marshmallows if you desire.