Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe - Adapted from Joy of Baking
Yield: 4-5 Dozen
2 3/4 Cup Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon - I like to put cinnamon in the cookie too, but this is optional!
1 Cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
1 1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/3 Cup Sugar
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add one egg at a time, mixing well before each addition. Add the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until it is all combined. If the dough is too soft, refrigerate for 1-2 hours. I only did 30 minutes because I am impatient.
- Preheat oven to 400. Prepare baking sheets.
- Scoop tablespoon or smaller size balls, then roll in the cinnamon sugar coating.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden brown. Let the cookies cool before removing from the cookie sheet. You can store these in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. (that seems like long to me...)