Recipe - Yield 4 dozen
1 Cup Butter, unsalted, room temperature
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 Tablespoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
3 1/4 Cups Rolled Oats
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl - the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream the butter and sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combine. Add pecan and oats and mix.
- Divide into 4 balls and roll into a log. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Cut log into 1/2 inch cookies and bake until brown and crispy, about 15-18 minutes, or for a softer and chewier cookie, bake for 12-14 minutes. Cool on rack.