Nutella Chocolate Souffles - Adapted from Chocolate and Carrots
Yield - 2 Souffles
1/4 Cup Flour
1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2 Egg Whites
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/4 Cup + half of 1/4 Cup Sugar
1/8 Teaspoon of Salt - or just a pinch
2 Spoon Scoops of Nutella
- Preheat Oven to 350.
- Spray 2 ramekins with PAM.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa, and baking powder together.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, melt the chocolate chips and butter together. It should take 1-2 minutes and be sure to stop and stir every 30 seconds. Stir til smooth.
- In another bowl, preferably glass, beat together the eggs, vanilla, sugar and salt with a hand mixer. Mix on high speed for about 5 minutes or until a light yellow color.
- Mix in the chocolate mixture just until combined.
- Fold in the dry ingredients, just until combine.
- Spoon the batter 1/2 way into the ramekins, then drop a spoon full of nutella into the middle, then fill the rest of the way with the last of the batter.
- Put in a roasting pan and then bake for about 25- 30 minutes or until the cakes have risen and they are little cracks on the top!
- Let cool for 5 minutes, and server immediately! Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, or eat plain!