Recipe adapted from Savory Sweet Life
Recipe: Yield 16 brownies
3/4 Cup Butter, Melted
1 1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
3/4 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/3 Cup Chopped Peanuts (or whatever nuts you like)
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-large bowl, mix by hand melted butter, sugar, and vanilla until blended. Add one egg at a time mixing/beating well.
- Add flour, cocoa, and salt and stir the batter until fully incorporated making sure you scrape the sides of the bowl including the bottom.
- Spray an 8×8 square pan with non-stick spray. Spread brownie batter inside the pan as evenly as possible.
- Evenly distribute the marshmallows/chocolate/almond mixture all over the top of the brownie batter. Using the back of a clean spoon, gently press down the topping mixture into the batter just enough so the topping is slightly packed down.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until done. Marshmallows will have a slight crisp edges.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving. Brownies slice really nicely if completely cooled.