Yield - 8 Cupcakes
1 Cup Flour
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
A Pinch of Salt
3 Tablespoons of Butter, unsalted, room temperature
1/2 Cup Whole Milk
1/4 to 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla - depending on how vanilla-yy you like it
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In bowl of stand mixer, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter with paddle on slow.
- When the mixture forms a sandy consistency (this will happen pretty quickly), slowly pour in half the milk. Stop mixing once combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk the other half of the milk together with the egg and vanilla (this will just take a few seconds.) Pour into flour mixture and mix until smooth (no more than a couple minutes.) Scrape the bowl as you are mixing.
- Extra Step if you want color - Divide batter evenly into the number of colors you want. Mix in the color completely with a spoon, then continue on...
- Pour into a muffin tin that is lined with cupcake wrappers. Each wrapper should be no more than 2/3 full. This will make 8 cupcakes.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 325 degrees F. Cupcakes are done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Yield: Enough for 8 Cupcakes
3 Cups Powdered Sugar
1/3 Cup Butter, unsalted, room temperature
1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla
2 Tablespoons Milk - depending on what consistency you want
- Beat butter for a couple minutes on high, using paddle attachment. Turn mixer to low and slowly add powdered sugar.
- Add vanilla extract and slowly add milk. Increase speed and beat for another minute or two, until fluffy.
- For thicker frosting, add more powdered sugar. For thinner frosting, add more milk.
- Pipe or spread and ENJOY!!