Friday, March 4, 2011

Butter Toffee Cookies

I was shopping the other day and felt like splurging on the peanut butter chips I used in the last recipe and these toffee bits I used in this recipe.  To find this recipe I just googled toffee bit cookies and I found this on the Land O'Lakes website.  Coincidentally, I used Land O'Lakes butter too, but just because it was on sale at the grocery store.   So I realized that the toffee bits are just chopped up heath bar, so if you don't want to buy the toffee bits, just buy a couple of heath bars and chop them up yourself, I will do that in the future.  Anyway, these cookies are amazing!  I love Heath Bars so this cookies are dreamy!!  The toffee bits stay crunchy after baking so these cookies not only have great flavor but they have great texture!!  They are a little thin, but I like them anyway!




Recipe Adapted from Land O'Lakes
Yield about 4 dozen
Ingredients:
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Butter, unsalted and room temperature
2 Eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 1/2 Cup Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Package of Toffee Bit

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl.  Beat in the eggs and vanilla until creamy.
  3. Add the flour, baking soda and salt, mix until  combined.  Be sure to scape the bowl.
  4. Stir in toffee bits.
  5. Drop dough onto cookie sheet and bake for 10- 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
  6. Cool for a few minutes and move to cooling rack.
  7. Enjoy!!

15 comments:

  1. Those cookies look great! I love toffee, so I'll have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Land O Lakes Cookies cookbook and this is one of the recipes I've been meaning to try from it. Glad you liked it - these look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious recipe! Toffee is such a great addition. I'd probably make them thicker too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love toffee and I love butter, so this sounds like a win-win for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious and your photos are great! Thanks for stopping by my peanut butter balls post. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, I think I have some Skor bits waiting in the cupboard!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love toffee cookies! I make them but I added coconut to get them to keep their shape. Works out well!
    Laurie @foodslove

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw these cookies over at Sweets for a Saturday and had to check them out! I love toffee! I am your newest follower :)

    Check out my blog and follow back if you like!

    http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these looks so yummy and extra delicious with Heath bars! One question...feel free to edit this out. I think I am hosting SH Fridays next month but I don't know the details. Can you email me? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just wanted to let you know I'm featuring your recipe today on my weekly features. Thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love that toffee speckled look on your cookies. It already lets me know that there's some deliciousness in every bite. Thanks for linking these up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, these look so good. I'm hankering for one now. I think I'll add macadamia nuts to them too. I'm on a macadamia nut binge at the moment.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't find toffee without chocolate on them, was there chocolate on your toffee bits?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. English toffee bits - don't have chocolate in them..or almond toffee bits.

      Delete