Buttermilk Chocolate Cookie - Adapted from Spache the Spatula
Yield - 3 to 4 dozen depending on size
2 Cups Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup or 1 Stick Butter, unsalted and melted
3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder, best quality available
2 Cups Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2/3 Cup Buttermilk, regular or low fat
2 Cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of your kitchen aid with the whisk attachment, combine the cocoa powder and melted butter until smooth. Add in the sugar, vanilla, and buttermilk.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough onto the lined baking sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool more.