Lemon Sugar Cookies - Adapted from My Baking Addiction
Yield about 3 dozen depending on size
1 Cups Butter, unsalted and room temperature
1 1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
Zest of 1-2 large lemons, I would recommend at least 1 1/2
4 Tablespoons of Fresh Lemon Juice
2 3/4 Cups Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
Extra sugar for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and whisk together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, cream the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla, lemon juice and zest. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Roll tablespoon size balls of dough in the extra sugar. Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Let cool, then ENJOY!