Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lemon Sugar Cookies

For the longest time I have wanted a zester/mircoplane and yesterday I finally found one on sale at Home Goods.  I was so happy in the store people were giving me weird looks, but that's ok because I now have a zester!!  I have been saving up recipes that need a zester and this was my first choice.  I love sugar cookies and I love lemons, so this recipe was a no brainer.  While making them, I loved how my kitchen smelled, like fresh lemons.  I had a serious problem keeping my fingers out of the cookie dough.  I think I ate about 4 cookies worth of dough, which normally I don't do, but I couldn't resist with these.  Needless to say, I was very excited to take them out of the oven, but I was patient and let the cookies cool.  I ate one faster then you can say "lemon sugar cookie!"  A little later, when I was taking pictures, I took a bit out of one for effect, but then couldn't resist taking another bite, and by then end of the photo shoot the cookie was gone. All I can say is good thing I went on a run today...






Lemon Sugar Cookies - Adapted from My Baking Addiction 
Yield about 3 dozen depending on size
Ingredients:
1 Cups Butter, unsalted and room temperature
1 1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
Zest of 1-2 large lemons, I would recommend at least 1 1/2
4 Tablespoons of Fresh Lemon Juice
2 3/4 Cups Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
Extra sugar for rolling cookies

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. In a small bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and whisk together. Set aside.
  3. In the bowl of your mixer, cream the butter and sugar until smooth.
  4. Beat in the egg, vanilla, lemon juice and zest. Mix until fully incorporated.
  5. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
  6. Roll tablespoon size balls of dough in the extra sugar.  Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
  7. Bake 8-10 minutes or until very lightly browned.
  8. Let cool, then ENJOY!

29 comments:

  1. I love their colour. It's like a pale sugar cookie...I would bite into these as well..run or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look delicious! My cookies never quite look that good. Thanks for the recipe. The grand girls will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got some fresh lemons of the counter, think I may have to whip a batch of these up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these look so good-- perfect for a spring day! I love anything lemon. Wish I had some right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I just posted to your recipe over at Tasty Kitchen. These look AMAZING! I love your photos!

    I'm like you... I need a ZESTER in the worst way! I don't have one. LOL! I will have one tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Those look amazing. I can only imagine what they taste like. Definitely going on the list of cookies to make and enjoy with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks really great! I love sugar cookies and lemon, and can see these being such a huge hit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow.. I could never make these out of fear of eating them all in one sitting! Those look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Genius. Love lemons, love cookies, love sugar...these are calling my name!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look perfect! So tart and sweet. Mmmmmm. My husband would adore these since he is a big lover of lemons. Happy First Day of Spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh i love the color! i'm thinking of making one with cardamom, pistachio or rosewater against the stark white of this cookie. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have GOT to make these. I've got a ton of meyer lemon zest and juice just calling to me from my freezer begging to be made into something delicious. Looks like I've found what I'm looking for. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I made these but forgot to roll the first batch (of four) in the sugar so I used some leftover frosting from the Sprinkles Strawberry Cupcakes I had made yesterday and they are just delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have Lovely and Beautiful Salwar Suit And Many More…
    We Have Some For You In Your Budget For more…
    Plz visit:- Wedding dresses

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have Lovely and Beautiful Salwar Suit And Many More…
    We Have Some For You In Your Budget For more…
    Plz visit:- Salwar Kameez

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Designer Salwar Kameez is perhaps the desire of every single girl in this world to look amazing on her wedding day.
    It is certainly important that the bride must be the star of the show.The most beautiful woman at the wedding venue.
    In India,Salwar Kameez are the most obvious choice for the brides.There are many designer salwar Kameez in our site...
    For more...
    Plz visit:- Salwar Kameez


    ReplyDelete
  18. Designer Wedding Lehenga is perhaps the desire of every single girl in this world to look amazing on her wedding day.
    It is certainly important that the bride must be the star of the show.The most beautiful woman at the wedding venue.
    In India,Designer Wedding Lehenga are the most obvious choice for the brides.There are many Designer Wedding Lehenga in our site...
    For more...
    Plz visit:- Wedding Lehenga

    ReplyDelete
  19. Designer Sarees is perhaps the desire of every single girl in this world to look amazing on her wedding day.
    It is certainly important that the bride must be the star of the show.The most beautiful woman at the wedding venue.
    In India,Sarees are the most obvious choice for the brides.There are many designer Sarees in our site...
    For more...
    Plz visit:- Sarees

    ReplyDelete
  20. You can buy Lehenga, Patiala salwar suits,Anarkali Suit, Gown, Salwar Suit, Saree and get an exquisite design for you. There is something for everyone here. We even offer customized tailoring. Visit at..
    Anarkali Dress
    Punjabi Dress
    Wedding Saree
    Lehenga Choli
    Ghagra Choli
    Silk Saree
    Ladies Suit
    Indian Saree
    Designer Dress
    Brindal Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Contemporary style of Punjabi suits exclusively available on Stylizone does offer picturesque of luxury, royalty and elegance. Be it flaring or twirling Ghera dress, with the simple clicks thousand of new styles and patterns are available.
    Punjabi Suits
    Designer Kurtis
    Kurtis
    Wedding Dress
    Lehenga
    Saree
    Gown
    Brindal Lehenga
    Pakistani Dress
    Designer Saree

    ReplyDelete
  22. Designer clothes are the reflection of personality of a person. It's very necessary to choose the wear according to an ocassion. In India,Designer Bridal Saree are the most obvious choice for the Young Ladies & Girls. Many more Collection is available at our site. For More....
    Ladies Suit
    Indian Saree
    Designer Dress
    Brindal Dress
    Kurti
    Designer Kurti
    Wedding Dresss
    Punjabi Suit

    ReplyDelete
  23. India is a land of varied culture and religion and throughout the year a series of interesting events and festivals take place here. So, it can be expected that if you will ever visit India you will get opportunity to enjoy at least a few such occasions.
    Happy Diwali
    Merry Christmas
    Happy New Year Images

    ReplyDelete
  24. This article includes a brief history of movie posters and
    movie poster collecting. You will also find information aboutthe types and sizes of movie posters...
    For more,...
    Motivational video

    ReplyDelete
  25. The Contemporary style of Punjabi suits exclusively available on Stylizone does offer picturesque of luxury, royalty and elegance. Be it flaring or twirling Ghera dress, with the simple clicks thousand of new styles and patterns are available.
    Designer Salwar Suit

    ReplyDelete