Somebody took a bite....
Oreo Crunch Brownies - Adapted from How Sweet It Is
1/2 Cup Butter, room temperature
1 1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
1 1/4 Cup Flour
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
2 Cups Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
20 Oreo Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350
- Butter and flour an 8 x 8 cake pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla. Add in cocoa powder and mix until combined.
- Add flour and salt, mixing well until batter is smooth and comes together. Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Spread in the 8 x 8 pan. Sink 9 Oreo cookies into the batter and press gently. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While baking, crush the remaining Oreos in a ziplock bag. When brownies are finished baking, remove from the oven and sprinkle with 1/2 cup chocolate chips and crush Oreos. Place back in the oven for about 2-3 minutes.
- During this time, melt remaining chocolate chips and peanut butter together. Remove brownies from oven and pour melted chocolate mixture over top, spreading with a spatula. Make sure chocolate gets down into the Oreo crevices, as it is the “glue” that holds the top to the bottom.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Let brownies sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before cutting.