Friday, April 8, 2011

Blondies

Two days ago was a good friends birthday.  I had completely forgotten about it until facebook reminded me.  I had about an hour to whip up a fantastic treat for her so I quickly got to thinking what I could make with what I already have.  I asked her what her two favorite ingredients were and she said anything with chocolate chips would be wonderful.  I didn't want to do just plain chocolate chip cookies, so I decided to make chocolate chip blondie's.   (We are both blonde's too, so naturally it made sense)  I found this recipe on Smitten Kitchen and I loved how it was a base recipe that you could add whatever mix-ins you wanted to it.  I added 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1 cup of peanut butter chips, but you can mix-in anything your heart desires.  This is a great quick recipe because you don't need room temperature butter, and it all takes place in one bowl.  Plus there are only 6 ingredients, all stuff that you usually have on hand.  Needless to say these were delicious and the birthday girl was very pleased!! 

Happy Birthday Monica!!


Blondie's Recipe- Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
Yield about 16 small squares depending on how you cut it.
Ingredients:
1 Stick Butter, unsalted and melted
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Pinch of Salt
1 Cup Flour
1-2 Cups of Mix-ins - chocolate chips, nuts, banana, dried fruit, and more!

Directions:
  1. Butter or grease a 8x8 pan and preheat oven to 350.
  2. Mix the melted butter with the brown sugar and beat until smooth.  Add in the egg and vanilla.
  3. Stir in the salt, and flour.  Add any mix-in's.
  4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out with a spatula.
  5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a tooth pick comes out clean.  
  6. Cool before cutting into pieces.
  7. Enjoy!!

5 comments: