Today we were hanging out and were thinking that we wanted to make some spring/Easter cookies for this weekend. Since I am visiting, I am at my mothers and don’t have my own kitchen here. After some begging and pleading, we were given the okay to use the kitchen. That meant that we were given a time limit and only had the kitchen for and hour and a half before my mother needed it back to cook dinner. This meant a search through the All-American Cookie Book that was in the kitchen to find a recipe that could be made without a trip to the store. We decided on this recipe but wanted to make sure we had enough time. This meant substituting the chocolate chips for M&Ms and skipping the steps at the end where they are rolled in more peanuts and chocolate. The recipe said that it only makes 35 cookies – it lied, we ended up with over 4 dozen cookies! But it was worth it because these cookies are soft and chewy and taste exactly how a peanut butter cookie should taste plus who doesn’t love M&M’s?
Peanut Butter- Chocolate Chunkers – Adapted from The All-American Cookie Book by Nancy Baggett
Yield: 4 Dozen
2 ½ Cups Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
¼ Teaspoon Salt
1 ¼ Cups Smooth or Crunchy Peanut Butter (we used crunchy)
1 Cup (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter, slightly softened
1 ½ Cups Light Brown Sugar, packed
2/3 Cup Sugar
2 Large Eggs
1 Tablespoon Light Corn Syrup
2 Teaspoons Vanilla– I accidentally only put in 1 tsp
1 Cup of M&M's, we used both regular and peanut in Easter colors
- Preheat the oven to 350degrees F. Grease several baking sheets or coat with non-stick spray. (we used parchment paper)
- Cream Peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, and sugar until well blended and fluffy, about 2 minutes
- Add the eggs, corn syrup, and vanilla, beat until well blended
- Add the flour, salt, and baking soda, and mix until incorporated
- Stir in 1 cup of M&Ms, we used both peanut and regular chocolate.
- Drop or shape tablespoon size dough balls on to a prepared cookie sheet
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Let them cool for 10 min.