I love lemons! This cake is very lemony and moist, a crowd pleaser for sure. I adapted this recipe by adding more sugar and lemon zest, which I think makes it sweeter and more lemony. I don't have much more to say about this other then, try it! Its yummy!
Lemon Pound Cake - Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Yield: 10 Slices
1 1/2 Cup Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup or 2 Sticks Butter, unsalted and room temperature
1 1/2 Cup Sugar
4 Eggs, room temperature
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
1/4 Cup Lemon Juice, fresh squeezed is preferable
Zest of 1 Lemon
Ingredients for Glaze:
2 Cup Powdered Sugar
3-4 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 8 inch loaf pan and line it with parchment or waxed paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment (or using a hand mixer), cream the butter. Add 1 cup of the sugar and mix.
- With the mixer running at low speed, add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla.
- Working in alternating batches, and mixing after each addition, add the dry ingredients and 1/4 cup of the lemon juice to the butter mixture. Add the lemon zest. Mix until just smooth.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake until raised in the center and a tester inserted into the center comes out dry and almost clean, about 50-60 minutes.
- When the cake is done, let cool in the pan 15 minutes (it will still be warm). Run a knife around the sides of the pan. Set on a wire rack to cool.
- While the cake cools, mix together the glaze in a small bowl with a whisk. When cake is cool enough, pour the glaze over the top. Cut into 1/2 inch slices.